The first place your customer is looking for information is on their favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo!, Bing). When your customer types in a question, for example, “Home builder in [your city]?”, If you are not listed on the first couple of pages you are missing a ton of potential business.
A professionally designed and crafted website is the single most important marketing tool in today’s marketplace. If you have a business and don’t have a website, or your website hasn’t changed in a long time, you are falling further and further behind.
Here are 8 reasons why
1. Buyers are shopping for their next home online.
Consider these statistics:
- 92% of buyers use the internet in some way in their home search process (Source: Realtor.com)
- 50% of buyers use a mobile website or application in their home search (Source: Realtor.com)
- 43% of home buyers said the first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties (Source: Realtor.com)
- 70% of mobile searches led to action within an HOUR (Source: Eloqua.com)
2. Your website levels the playing field with the big competitors in your area.
A professionally-designed website will project the image of success. Let’s face it, home builder marketing strategies are changing. Established home builders may market mostly through referrals, as they have built a reputation, but the small guys can use their website to compete.
3. Your website saves you time.
A website is your online brochure. When kept updated it allows you to provide the same information over and over again. It also lets you quickly inform your customers of new homes, lots, and plans you have available.
4. Your outdated website can be problematic.
An outdated or unprofessional website can be worse than no website. First impressions are important and a lackluster online presence gives the impression that you don’t take your business seriously and that you lack professionalism.
5. Your business is always open, 24/7, and reachable from anywhere in the world.
When you consider the potential market you can reach with a website, it is a very cost-effective way to promote your business. And it’s available even when you are not!
6. Your website lends credibility
Your ideal customer wants to know you are the best in your area. Your website is your online showroom where people will go to learn about your company.
7. Your website adds a face to your company and provides a consistent message.
Your potential customer wants to know who you are and what you can do. Once they discover your website, they want information fast and will move on quickly if they do not find what they are looking for.
8. Your website provides an excellent medium in which to showcase your work.
Home buyers and online shoppers love photos! A picture is still worth a thousand words. The Realtor.org 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers report found that 97% of buyers thought photos were the most valuable part of a home builder’s website, above even property listings.
If you are a home builder, and you want to attract more customers and compete with the big guys, simply having a professional website will get your business off the ground in no time.